Saturday, April 21, 2012

The best defense is a good offense

Actually, the title of the post is a bit misleading. In my experience, this attitude will more often then not get you into trouble. This time, it worked for white.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6978482/sgf/2012-04-20-Kobran-Median.sgf

This is a game I played yesterday at RAF's Go club against a new member who claims to be around 10-12k. I thought it would be an even match. He won impressively, but it was a decently close game all the way to the end.

I haven't played a stronger player live in quite a while, now. I almost forgot the feeling. ^^ It is very peculiar. Playing a game of go feels a lot like fighting an actual battle, while still keeping a very strong friendly relationship with the opponent.

Comments to the game itself are given inside the .sgf. The are in Serbian, though, so if anyone needs them translated to English, please ask. ^^'

No comments:

Post a Comment